Joseph K. Sciacca “Joe” 64, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 in New Milford, CT. Joe was born in Bronx, NY to Joseph and Mary (McNamara)Sciacca. Joe grew up in Scarsdale, NY and currently resided in New Milford, CT.
He worked as an Operating Engineer, Local 15 in New York City. Joe worked timelessly at the World Trade Center after the 9/11 tragedy.
Joe had a strong passion for racing cars and fishing. During his retirement he took great pleasure in working on and showing his 1968 Chevy Chevelle. Joe also enjoyed cooking delicious Italian meals for his family and friends.
Joe was a loving husband to his wife, Susan and his daughters, Lauren and Michelle of New Milford, CT. Joe is also survived by his brother, Richard Sciacca, of Bradenton, FL; sister Maureen Fisher, of Gloucester, MA; his beloved dog Maggie; as well as his many loving nieces, nephews and friends.
Visitation will be from 1pm-5pm at Lillis Funeral Home 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT, on Sunday, November 20th, 2016. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Francis Xavier Church on Monday, November 21st, 2016 at 10:00am. Joe will be laid to rest at the Center Cemetery in New Milford, CT.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Dustin Easley Memorial Foundation, 8 Twin Ridge Rd, New Milford, CT 06776.
- Blackman, Bonnie E. October 23, 2017
- Holm, Laura S. October 23, 2017
- Prokos, Sherry Lynn October 18, 2017
- Johnson, William A. October 17, 2017
- Schoon, Marie M. October 16, 2017
- Kenley, Douglas C. October 9, 2017
- Jerry Pilch October 5, 2017
- Dowling, John September 27, 2017
- Kreuscher, Marjorie September 22, 2017
- Williams, Earl D. Jr. September 19, 2017
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website