Anna Witenko, 92, of New Milford, CT, passed away peacefully at home on Thursday April 6, 2017, surrounded by family. She was the wife of Philip Witenko.
Mrs. Witenko was born in New York, NY, February 21, 1925, daughter of the late John and Kathryn Balatsky Tarashuk. She married Philip Witenko on August 12, 1950 in St. George’s Church, Manhattan, New York. She was a mail order processor at Reader’s Digest for a number of years. She moved from Yorktown Heights to New Milford in 1996.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by four daughters, Arlene Rhodes (John) of Grand Junction, CO, Darcy Witenko of Danbury, CT, Patricia Zenk of Kent, CT and Kathryn Valentine (Kenneth) of Brookline, NH; grandchildren, Philip and Tristan Rhodes, Chelsea, Kayla and Morgan Zenk, Gregory, Kimberly and Olivia Valentine; great-grandchildren, Noah, Jonah, Charlotte, Chloe, Benjamin and Jonathan. She is also survived by sisters, Julianna “Elsie” Lanore of Hicksville, NY and Pauline Carroll of Malvern, NY.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday April 10, 2017 at 12 Noon at St. Francis Xavier Church, New Milford, CT. Interment will follow at St. Francis Cemetery, New Milford, CT.
Friends may call on Sunday, April 9 from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT.
- Shanahan, Casey Rose January 23, 2018
- Malumphy, Mary J. January 20, 2018
- Maguire, Patrick T. January 18, 2018
- Blore, Randall January 17, 2018
- Brodeur, Dale M. January 16, 2018
- Lynch, Melvin M. January 16, 2018
- Tiebout, Barbara S. “Bobbie” January 16, 2018
- Carrier, Malcolm H. January 10, 2018
- Kieras, Lori Lynn January 8, 2018
- Appling, Michael January 8, 2018
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website