Sylvia A. Reppin of New Milford, CT, passed away peacefully at her home at the age of 96.
She was born in Germany July 5, 1920 daughter of the late Francisco and Gerda (Heimrich) Reppin. She grew up in Argentina and moved to the United States where she settled in New York City before building her home in New Milford, CT, forty years ago. Ms. Reppin was a secretary at Union Carbide in Danbury, CT, for many years before retiring and becoming a translator for the Danbury Schools in her seventies and eighties. She received her college degree from West Conn at age eighty; she spoke seven languages, the romance languages, and was an excellent tennis player.
Ms. Reppin is survived by her Niece Alejandra Podesta of FL, a Nephew Carlos Binder of Argentina, many great nieces and nephews and many close friends, Patsy Rapela and her friend and caretaker Patti Rabasco among them. She is also survived by the love of her life, her dog Migo.
She was an extraordinary woman, born ahead of her time.
Funeral services are private. Arrangements by the Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT.
- Cable, Perry H. June 25, 2019
- Robertson, Lewis W. June 21, 2019
- Zuniga, Nelson June 11, 2019
- Crossman, Mark G. June 10, 2019
- Morrissey, Donald A. June 6, 2019
- Scribner, Arthur I. May 28, 2019
- James A. Christie May 15, 2019
- Morrill, Edna May 10, 2019
- O’Donnell, John C. “Jack” May 10, 2019
- Johnson, Shirley May 8, 2019
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website