Wallace H. Gray of Washington, CT, passed away at home unexpectedly on Thursday November 10, 2016 at the age of 83.
He was born May 12, 1933 in Dublin, Ireland, son of the late Frederick and Catherine (Wallace) Gray. He came to the United States in 1961 and settled in NY City. On September 9, 1961 he married Helen Frederick in Rye, NY. In 1967 they made their summer home in Washington, CT, there full time residence. Mr. Gray was a self-employed Landscape Architect; he was a Warden and member of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington, CT, and an honorary member of the Washington Garden Club.
Besides his wife Helen of Washington, CT, he is survived by his daughter Carla Gray of Boston, MA and many family members in County Mayo, Ireland.
A funeral will be held at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington, CT, on Saturday December 10, 2016 at 2:00pm. Internment will follow at St. John’s Church.
Contributions in Mr. Gray’s memory may be made to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 78 Green Hill Rd. Washington, CT 06793 or Steep Rock Association, 2 Green Hill Rd., Washington, CT, 06793.
Arrangements by the Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT.
- Shanahan, Casey Rose January 23, 2018
- Malumphy, Mary J. January 20, 2018
- Maguire, Patrick T. January 18, 2018
- Blore, Randall January 17, 2018
- Brodeur, Dale M. January 16, 2018
- Lynch, Melvin M. January 16, 2018
- Tiebout, Barbara S. “Bobbie” January 16, 2018
- Carrier, Malcolm H. January 10, 2018
- Kieras, Lori Lynn January 8, 2018
- Appling, Michael January 8, 2018
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website