Mario J. Luis, 51, of Sherman, CT, passed away on Wednesday, September 14, 2016, as a result of a motorcycle accident. He was the husband of Victoria (Morgan) Luis.
Mr. Luis was born in Portugal, April 9, 1965, son of Antonio and Aida (Nunes) Luis of Portugal. He came to the United States in 1970, residing in Danbury, CT where he married Victoria Morgan on August 19, 1989. They moved to Sherman, CT in 2006.
He was a draftsman with Hudson Machine Works in Brewster, NY. An active member of the Sherman Volunteer Fire Department, he was named 2015 firefighter of the year. He was also a member of the First Congregational Church of Kent.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by a son, Justin Luis (Miranda) of Brookfield, CT, two daughters, Kristina Luis and Alyssa Luis both of Sherman, a brother Glenn Luis of Portugal, granddaughter Bailey Luis, and mother-in-law Doreen Ackell of New Milford, CT.
A Memorial Service will take place on Sunday September 18, 2016, at 3 PM at the First Congregational Church of Kent, 97 North Main Street, Kent, CT.
Contributions in his memory may be made to Sherman Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 249, Sherman, CT 06784 or your local volunteer fire department.
Arrangement by the Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge Street, New Milford,
- Shanahan, Casey Rose January 23, 2018
- Malumphy, Mary J. January 20, 2018
- Maguire, Patrick T. January 18, 2018
- Blore, Randall January 17, 2018
- Brodeur, Dale M. January 16, 2018
- Lynch, Melvin M. January 16, 2018
- Tiebout, Barbara S. “Bobbie” January 16, 2018
- Carrier, Malcolm H. January 10, 2018
- Kieras, Lori Lynn January 8, 2018
- Appling, Michael January 8, 2018
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website