Margaret D. Burke, 91, of New Milford, CT, passes away peacefully on Wednesday March 16, 2016, at Candlewood Valley Health Center, New Milford. She was the wife of the late Joseph Burke.
Mrs. Burke was born in New Milford on May 10, 1924, daughter of the late Frank and Mary Ann Meazsa Duda.
She was a communicant of St. Francis Xavier Church and a member of the Confraternity of the Rosary, member of the New Milford Garden Club and the New Milford Senior Citizens and a longtime volunteer of the New Milford Thrift Shop.
Mrs. Burke is survived by four sons, Joseph Burke and his wife Rowena of Wellesley, MA, Thomas Burke of St. Petersburg, FL, Patrick Burke and his wife Tracy of Lexington, MA, and Christopher Burke and his wife Sheila of Southbury, CT; daughter Madeline O’Shea and her husband Peter of Fairfield, Ct; and seven grandchildren, Simone, Jessica, Matthew, Katie, Carolyn, Michael and Owen.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM at St. Francis Xavier Church, New Milford. Burial will follow at St. Francis Cemetery, New Milford.
Friends may call on Friday, March 18, from 5 to 7 PM at the Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT.
- Brady, John B. June 18, 2018
- Caporale, Francis J. June 13, 2018
- Kranyik, James John June 11, 2018
- Mino, Patricia Anne June 9, 2018
- McLaughlin, Marilyn June 9, 2018
- Garrity, Lucy A. June 7, 2018
- Burwell, Elizabeth M. June 7, 2018
- Galante, Joseph T. June 5, 2018
- Gileno, John H. June 4, 2018
- Imperiale, Emidio John June 1, 2018
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website