George David Allingham died peacefully in his sleep at his home in Bridgewater, CT on Monday, February 15, 2016. He was affectionately referred to as “Muffin” by his family and friends. George was born on February 1, 1944 in New Haven, CT to John and Lauretta Reynolds Allingham. His parents were well known dance instructors in the New Milford area. He graduated from New Milford High School and the University of Bridgeport before becoming a Certified Public Accountant. George worked as an accountant for more than 40 years in both Danbury and New Milford. He spent his life committed to his family and his community, generously donating his time and expertise to many causes. George was predeceased by his loving wife Irene Bernadette in 2012. George is survived by his son Thomas and his wife Amy of Bridgewater, CT, his daughter Susan Tanamli and her husband Sharif of Manhattan, NY, and his grandchildren, William and Lila Tanamli. Calling hours will be held at Lillis Funeral Home at 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT on Friday, February 19 from 4 to 7 PM. Internment will be private. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Literacy Volunteers on the Green, 7 Whittlesey Avenue, New Milford, CT 06776.
- Shanahan, Casey Rose January 23, 2018
- Malumphy, Mary J. January 20, 2018
- Maguire, Patrick T. January 18, 2018
- Blore, Randall January 17, 2018
- Brodeur, Dale M. January 16, 2018
- Lynch, Melvin M. January 16, 2018
- Tiebout, Barbara S. “Bobbie” January 16, 2018
- Carrier, Malcolm H. January 10, 2018
- Kieras, Lori Lynn January 8, 2018
- Appling, Michael January 8, 2018
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website