Joseph S. Szost Sr. of New Milford, CT, died Sunday October 18, 2015 in New Milford, CT, at the age of 97.
He was born June 10, 1918 in Fairfield, CT, son of the late Anthony and Julia Szost. Mr. Szost was a contractor and owned Yost Construction and built homes in Fairfield and Bethel, CT, from when he was 18 yrs. old until he retired in 2003.
Mr. Szost was predeceased by his wife Rose (Timko) Szost on July 9, 1965. He is survived by his son Joseph Szost Jr. of Clinton Corners, NY, his daughters Rosemary Payne of Seven Lakes, NC, Carol Johnson of New Milford, CT, Susan Esbenson of Tampa, FL, Joann Stout of Columbus, OH and Elizabeth Riello of Delray Beach, FL; ten grandchildren and seven great grandchildren. His great granddaughter Gracelyn brought him much joy. Mr. Szost is also survived by many nieces and nephews and his niece Kathy Siket who helped care for him in his later years. He was predeceased by his sister Julia Siket and his three brothers Andrew, John and Tony Szozt.
A graveside service will be held on Thursday October 22, 2015 at the Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield, CT, at 2pm. There are no Calling Hours.
Arrangements by the Lillis Funeral Home, 58 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT.
- Prokos, Sherry Lynn October 18, 2017
- Johnson, William A. October 17, 2017
- Schoon, Marie M. October 16, 2017
- Kenley, Douglas C. October 9, 2017
- Jerry Pilch October 5, 2017
- Dowling, John September 27, 2017
- Kreuscher, Marjorie September 22, 2017
- Williams, Earl D. Jr. September 19, 2017
- Jones, William R. Sr. September 18, 2017
- Leonard F. Zuba September 8, 2017
Alphabetic Index To Search Obituaries By Last Name.
Enter a Keyword to Search Lillis Funeral Home Website